Tunnel Vision Games
Based in Aalborg, Denmark
Lightmatter is an atmospheric first-person puzzle game where shadows kill you. Imagine "the floor is lava", but with shadows instead. Players have to use different light sources to their advantage. The game tells a sci-fi story about a maniac inventor who has created the ultimate power source called "Lightmatter". As a player, you are investigating his facility to try and understand what's going on. The game includes full voice-acting by David Bateson (known as the bald assassin in another famous Danish game).
Lightmatter originally started out as a university project where a group of Medialogy students wanted to explore lights and shadows as a the primary gameplay mechanic in a puzzle game. They created a 15-minute prototype and uploaded it as a free download on Reddit. The game became an overnight success with thousands of downloads. Furthermore, the student prototype won multiple awards at game conferences and expos (such as "Most Innovative Game" at Casual Connect in Amsterdam). The students wanted to to pursue the light/shadow concept concept further and created the company Tunnel Vision Games to turn it into a fully-fledged game. They have been working on Lightmatter since 2016 and plan to release it late 2019.
- "The floor is lava" but with shadows that kill you!
- Use lateral thinking to solve mind-bending puzzles with lights and shadows
- Compelling sci-fi narrative delivered by famous voice actor David Bateson
- Unique comicbook style with gloomy sci-fi atmosphere
- "If LIMBO and Portal had a weird baby ..."
- Inspired by games such as The Talos Principle, Portal, The Turing Test and Antichamber
- Developed by indie studio Tunnel Vision Games from Aalborg, Denmark
Lightmatter - gameplay trailer YouTube
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Most Innovative Game" Indie Prize, Casual Connect
- "Best Showcase" Nomination, SpilPrisen
- "Best Student Game" Finalist, Unity Awards
- "Pitching Finalist" Discovery Contest, Nordic Game Conference
- "Festival Nomination" IndieCade Europe
Request Press Copy
We are afraid this developer has not upgraded their presskit() to use distribute(). For security purposes, this form has been disabled.
About Tunnel Vision Games
Tunnel Vision Games is a 6-man indie studio from Aalborg, Denmark.
More information on Tunnel Vision Games, our logo & relevant media are available here.